10 Tips for Great First Birthday Party Photos
As a mommy of two and a professional photographer often hired to shoot birthday parties, I know how special this occasion can be. Each birthday marks a milestone you’ll want to remember as your child grows. Tell the story well, and you’ll be able to make an album or photo book – the first in a series – that your family will treasure for years to come. Here are some of my pro tips to help you take your own great party pictures on your child’s birthday.
Shoot the Party Prep
The party space will be looking its best right before everyone arrives, and so will the birthday baby. But don’t try and do too much that involves your little one. Parents often want me to come an hour early to shoot their child in dressy birthday clothes, and then in party clothes at the party. It’s too much for tiny kids. If you have different outfits, take photos of one a day or two before so you don’t stress yourself or your kids on the day of the party.
- Would You, Could You, In a Lactation Pod? - August 4, 2017
- Should You Take Your Baby to a Chiropractor for Colic? - July 26, 2017
- Taking Your Baby to the Chiropractor for Colic: What to Expect - July 26, 2017
- Tips for Giving Your Breastfed Baby a Bottle - July 11, 2017
- Is It Safe to Eat Your Placenta? Maybe Not. - July 11, 2017
- 10 Fantastic Outdoor Toys for Toddlers - July 6, 2017
- Tips for Breastfeeding with Implants or Piercings - July 3, 2017
- 10 Fun Outdoor Toys for Babies - June 29, 2017
- 10 Super Cool Outdoor Toys for Preschoolers - June 27, 2017
- How To Get a Breast Pump through Your Health Insurance - June 15, 2017