10 Tips for Great First Birthday Party Photos
As a mommy of two and a professional photographer often hired to shoot birthday parties, I know how special this occasion can be. Each birthday marks a milestone you’ll want to remember as your child grows. Tell the story well, and you’ll be able to make an album or photo book – the first in a series – that your family will treasure for years to come. Here are some of my pro tips to help you take your own great party pictures on your child’s birthday.
Shoot the Party Prep
The party space will be looking its best right before everyone arrives, and so will the birthday baby. But don’t try and do too much that involves your little one. Parents often want me to come an hour early to shoot their child in dressy birthday clothes, and then in party clothes at the party. It’s too much for tiny kids. If you have different outfits, take photos of one a day or two before so you don’t stress yourself or your kids on the day of the party.
- Is Your Baby Gate Secure? - April 20, 2017
- How Common is a Unplanned Pregnancy in Your 40s - April 18, 2017
- Top 10 Girls Names of 2017 (So Far) - April 11, 2017
- Top 10 Boys Names for 2017 (So Far) - April 11, 2017
- 9 Great Themes for a First Birthday Party - March 28, 2017
- 10 Fun Holidays to Celebrate with Kids - March 27, 2017
- Gentle C-Sections: The New Trend in Childbirth - March 24, 2017
- What All Moms Need - March 16, 2017
- Great Irish Names for Your Baby - March 15, 2017
- When Is Your Son Too Old to Use the Women’s Restroom? - March 1, 2017