10 Ways Parents Can Celebrate Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is nearly here and guess what, mama, you should really celebrate it.
Oh yes we know it falls on the week’s least romantic day—that would be Tuesday—and that it’s considered by some to be just a big merchandising opportunity for American companies. But don’t even try to tell us that your love life couldn’t use a little help right now, even if it must be inspired by a cheesy box of candy.
We’re not saying you need to go so far as put on heels or makeup. But a little extra attention to your relationship: yes, you should. And here are 10 easy and adorable ways to celebrate your sweetie that even exhausted parents can manage.
- Feed each other candy message hearts. Do the whole bag. They’re so corny, you might even share a laugh over some of them.
- Give a toast. Raise a glass of something, anything, and really speak from the heart about why you love your partner. Bonus if you do this in front of friends or family.
- Put your phone away. Spend an evening doing something together, even if it’s just watching a movie, without the distraction of Instagram pulling your attention away.
- Look through the photos of your life together. Pull out the wedding album or swipe through your pre-baby moments.
- Go out: This one’s obvious, but it should still be said: getting out of the house together without your baby is pretty magical these days, right? Splurge on a sitter!
- Tag in. What’s something your partner does that you could take on for a time? Maybe it’s a cleaning project, paying the bills, or tackling the shopping. Give him or her the week off and handle it instead.
- Do a special meal. Not to worry, it can be take-out. Just so long as it’s somehow special. For example, it could be something you dislike but your partner loves, just this once.
- Re-enact your first date. Can you remember where you went and what you did? What you said? Do you still have any of the clothes you wore? Haul it all out of the old memory bank and star in your very-own first date memoir.
- Set up a treasure hunt. With the treasure being you, of course (wink, wink).
- Really look at each other. When’s the last time you did that?!
What do think of these ideas, mama? Will you do something to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your partner?
- Would You, Could You, In a Lactation Pod? - August 4, 2017
- Should You Take Your Baby to a Chiropractor for Colic? - July 26, 2017
- Taking Your Baby to the Chiropractor for Colic: What to Expect - July 26, 2017
- Tips for Giving Your Breastfed Baby a Bottle - July 11, 2017
- Is It Safe to Eat Your Placenta? Maybe Not. - July 11, 2017
- 10 Fantastic Outdoor Toys for Toddlers - July 6, 2017
- Tips for Breastfeeding with Implants or Piercings - July 3, 2017
- 10 Fun Outdoor Toys for Babies - June 29, 2017
- 10 Super Cool Outdoor Toys for Preschoolers - June 27, 2017
- How To Get a Breast Pump through Your Health Insurance - June 15, 2017