10 Ways Parents Can Celebrate Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is nearly here and guess what, mama, you should really celebrate it.
Oh yes we know it falls on the week’s least romantic day—that would be Tuesday—and that it’s considered by some to be just a big merchandising opportunity for American companies. But don’t even try to tell us that your love life couldn’t use a little help right now, even if it must be inspired by a cheesy box of candy.
We’re not saying you need to go so far as put on heels or makeup. But a little extra attention to your relationship: yes, you should. And here are 10 easy and adorable ways to celebrate your sweetie that even exhausted parents can manage.
- Feed each other candy message hearts. Do the whole bag. They’re so corny, you might even share a laugh over some of them.
- Give a toast. Raise a glass of something, anything, and really speak from the heart about why you love your partner. Bonus if you do this in front of friends or family.
- Put your phone away. Spend an evening doing something together, even if it’s just watching a movie, without the distraction of Instagram pulling your attention away.
- Look through the photos of your life together. Pull out the wedding album or swipe through your pre-baby moments.
- Go out: This one’s obvious, but it should still be said: getting out of the house together without your baby is pretty magical these days, right? Splurge on a sitter!
- Tag in. What’s something your partner does that you could take on for a time? Maybe it’s a cleaning project, paying the bills, or tackling the shopping. Give him or her the week off and handle it instead.
- Do a special meal. Not to worry, it can be take-out. Just so long as it’s somehow special. For example, it could be something you dislike but your partner loves, just this once.
- Re-enact your first date. Can you remember where you went and what you did? What you said? Do you still have any of the clothes you wore? Haul it all out of the old memory bank and star in your very-own first date memoir.
- Set up a treasure hunt. With the treasure being you, of course (wink, wink).
- Really look at each other. When’s the last time you did that?!
What do think of these ideas, mama? Will you do something to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your partner?
- Is Your Baby Gate Secure? - April 20, 2017
- How Common is a Unplanned Pregnancy in Your 40s - April 18, 2017
- Top 10 Girls Names of 2017 (So Far) - April 11, 2017
- Top 10 Boys Names for 2017 (So Far) - April 11, 2017
- 9 Great Themes for a First Birthday Party - March 28, 2017
- 10 Fun Holidays to Celebrate with Kids - March 27, 2017
- Gentle C-Sections: The New Trend in Childbirth - March 24, 2017
- What All Moms Need - March 16, 2017
- Great Irish Names for Your Baby - March 15, 2017
- When Is Your Son Too Old to Use the Women’s Restroom? - March 1, 2017