The Holiday Gift Guide for Baby
Just like gifts you receive, some for baby seem like good ideas but don’t always work out so well. (Bear-shaped anti-flat head pillow, anyone?). And then there are those that are functional, but hideous (Aunt Maddie’s sequined baby blanket, par example).
Check out gift ideas for the wee one that hit that sweet spot—useful and fun!
1) Baby Bunny Balaclava
Outwit those clever babies who love to pull their hats off (a.k.a., all babies) with this warm, snuggly, and, most important, adorable hat. The generous built-in scarf will keep every single one of those neck rolls nice and toasty. At Monsoon, $20.
2) Hoots. Hollers, and Rooftop Serenades
This kids’ album by treasured Brooklyn, New York music teacher, Pete Sinjin, will have you dancing around the living room with your little one. What better way to spend those sleepless days?
At Amazon, CD is $13; MP3 is $10.
3) Eco-Friendly Elephant Mobile
Simple designs best catch the eye of those oh-so-curious newbies. Hang one of these over a changing table, and you just might have a little bit less squirming. These minimalist eco-friendly mobiles are handmade using forest-friendly materials. At Amazon, $37.
4) The First 1000 Days Baby Journal
Washington based artist, Nikki McClure, creates images using a laborious method involving an x-acto knife and a single sheet of paper. This beautiful baby journal is modeled after the one she made for herself, and is sure to make a one-of-a-kind gift. At Amazon, $12.95.
5) Personalized Smartphone Teether
Check out More Gifts for….
- What’s the Deal with Active Play? - October 13, 2015
- Perfect Playlist for Baby’s First Birthday - October 12, 2015
- 3 Great Books About Active Play - October 8, 2015
- 10 Products that Make Pregnancy Easier - August 17, 2015
- Should Restaurants Reward Well Behaved Kids? - October 10, 2014
- iPad Baby Seat Sparks Outcry - December 8, 2013
- 4 Great Little Tikes Toys to Keep Kids Moving - October 5, 2013
- Guilt, Glory, and Google - August 12, 2013
- Chicken Soup for the Soul - August 5, 2013
- Drew and the Pacifier Blues - July 12, 2013