Adele’s Baby Name Blunder
It’s said that new moms can sometimes have trouble remembering things, and now new mom Adele is in a little bit of trouble for forgetting to do something fairly important: name her baby (legally, at least).
Adele, whose full name is Adele Laurie Blue Adkins, gave birth to a baby boy on October 19. The singer and her boyfriend, Simon Konecki, have not released their son’s name or registered the baby with the government, according to The Sun. The UK government website says that new parents in England have 42 days from the birth to register a new addition.
A source told The Sun:
“Cops are hardly going to be banging on their door tomorrow and it’s probably just an oversight on their part. Most parents register their baby within a couple of weeks because it’s a nice thing to do … There’s loads of reasons why parents are late and millions of couples don’t bother for ages.”
The consequence? A potential 1000-pound fine (about $1600). While that’s probably nothing that would cause Adele to break a sweat, it seems like a steep fine for new parents who forget some paperwork.
How long do you think it will be before we finally learn the name of Adele’s son? Do you have any predictions?
- Top 100 UK Boys’ Names for 2015 - May 14, 2016
- 100 Most Popular UK Girls’ Names for 2015 - April 21, 2016
- Most Popular Girls’ Names of 2016 - February 4, 2016
- Most Popular Boys’ Names of 2016 - February 4, 2016
- Most Unusual Boys Names of 2015 - January 4, 2016
- Popular Baby Names from the 90’s - January 2, 2016
- Most Popular Baby Names of the ’80s - December 28, 2015
- Most Popular Baby Names of the ’70s - December 28, 2015
- 2015 Top French Baby Names - December 3, 2015
- 2014 Top British Baby Names - November 3, 2015