Adele’s Baby Name Blunder
It’s said that new moms can sometimes have trouble remembering things, and now new mom Adele is in a little bit of trouble for forgetting to do something fairly important: name her baby (legally, at least).
Adele, whose full name is Adele Laurie Blue Adkins, gave birth to a baby boy on October 19. The singer and her boyfriend, Simon Konecki, have not released their son’s name or registered the baby with the government, according to The Sun. The UK government website says that new parents in England have 42 days from the birth to register a new addition.
A source told The Sun:
“Cops are hardly going to be banging on their door tomorrow and it’s probably just an oversight on their part. Most parents register their baby within a couple of weeks because it’s a nice thing to do … There’s loads of reasons why parents are late and millions of couples don’t bother for ages.”
The consequence? A potential 1000-pound fine (about $1600). While that’s probably nothing that would cause Adele to break a sweat, it seems like a steep fine for new parents who forget some paperwork.
How long do you think it will be before we finally learn the name of Adele’s son? Do you have any predictions?
- Halloween-Inspired Baby Names - October 5, 2015
- American Baby Names Get Sexier - February 15, 2015
- First Baby Names of 2013 - January 7, 2013
- Claire Danes’ Baby Name: A Rising Star? - December 30, 2012
- Adele’s Baby Name Blunder - December 21, 2012
- Kate Middleton is Pregnant. What will be the Name? - December 3, 2012
- A Baby Named Hashtag – Not Amused - December 1, 2012
- Sarah Michelle Gellar’s Baby’s Name is a Knockout - November 29, 2012
- Alex O’Loughlin Welcomes Baby Boy Lion - November 15, 2012
- True Soap Opera Baby Name Drama - November 7, 2012