How to Wean Your Baby Off the Breast
Breastfeeding is a wonderful gift to your baby, but eventually it will be time to wean. (Mom365 recommends exclusive breastfeeding for at least six months.) Weaning is one of the most frequently-discussed topics in the Mom365 Community, where many moms turn for weaning tips and advice.
We combed the Community and found these ten great suggestions from members who successfully weaned their babies off the breast around 1 year of age. Check them out now to find a weaning strategy that works for you.
Take It Slowly
“When I weaned my 10-month-old, I started by taking away one nursing session at a time. I refused to offer anything else besides the bottle. It took a lot of patience, but eventually he did begin to take the formula. He was completely weaned in about a month’s time.” –Dawn R
- 9 Great Themes for a First Birthday Party - March 28, 2017
- 10 Fun Holidays to Celebrate with Kids - March 27, 2017
- Gentle C-Sections: The New Trend in Childbirth - March 24, 2017
- What All Moms Need - March 16, 2017
- Great Irish Names for Your Baby - March 15, 2017
- When Is Your Son Too Old to Use the Women’s Restroom? - March 1, 2017
- 10 Tips for Great First Birthday Party Photos - February 28, 2017
- A Kids Indoor Pool Party, Really? - February 22, 2017
- Surprising Foods to Avoid During Pregnancy - February 15, 2017
- Fun Ways to Feed Your Baby Solid Foods - February 13, 2017