How to Wean Your Baby Off the Breast
Breastfeeding is a wonderful gift to your baby, but eventually it will be time to wean. (Mom365 recommends exclusive breastfeeding for at least six months.) Weaning is one of the most frequently-discussed topics in the Mom365 Community, where many moms turn for weaning tips and advice.
We combed the Community and found these ten great suggestions from members who successfully weaned their babies off the breast around 1 year of age. Check them out now to find a weaning strategy that works for you.
Take It Slowly
“When I weaned my 10-month-old, I started by taking away one nursing session at a time. I refused to offer anything else besides the bottle. It took a lot of patience, but eventually he did begin to take the formula. He was completely weaned in about a month’s time.” –Dawn R
- A Kids Indoor Pool Party, Really? - February 22, 2017
- Surprising Foods to Avoid During Pregnancy - February 15, 2017
- Fun Ways to Feed Your Baby Solid Foods - February 13, 2017
- What is the Chance of Having Twins? - February 9, 2017
- 10 Ways Parents Can Celebrate Valentine’s Day - February 9, 2017
- Tips for Giving Your Breastfed Baby a Bottle - January 31, 2017
- 10 Foods to Nourish Breastfeeding Moms - January 23, 2017
- 9 Ways to Get Your Toddler Talking - January 22, 2017
- Top 10 Tips To Get Baby To Sleep - January 19, 2017
- 10 Ways to Help Prevent SIDS - January 19, 2017