The Most Popular Baby Names of 2016
The new year is here and that means it’s time to see which names ruled the charts over the past year. These are the top 10 boys names and the top 10 girls names of 2016.
When it comes to top baby names, Mom365 is in the know, thanks to our partnership with more than 1,500 hospitals around the country. Using data they provide, we’re actually able to report on the top names as they happen, every day, all year long. So we’re not too surprised by the names on this list!
Of course, if you pay any attention to baby names at all there won’t be much that’s shocking on this list. That’s because nearly all of these names were on the most popular names of 2015 list, and some of them haven’t even moved a single spot!
For the top boys names of 2016, Noah again comes out on top, followed by Liam and Mason, who are in the same places as well. The other boys names in the top 10 did a bit of shuffling around, but they are all returnees from last year. Benjamin is the sole newcomer to our list. He pushed out Alexander, who fell to number 13.
Over in the top girls names, the story is much the same. Olivia managed to claim the throne as most popular girl name, inching past last year’s number one Emma. Ava and Sophia also swapped places, with Ava climbing a notch to number three while Sophia dropped down to the fourth spot. But then the list practically becomes a carbon copy of last year. The only real notable was the rise of Amelia, who broke into the top 10 and bumped out long-time fave Madison.
Popular names often rule the charts for many years before the trends change. It’s likely we’ll see a lot of these names again next year. If these names are too common for your taste, be sure to check out our baby name search for many more options. Without further adieu, we give you the top baby names of 2016. Here’s wishing you a joyous 2017!
The Top 10 Boys Names for 2016
The Top 10 Girls names for 2016
Did you choose one of these names for your baby this year? Or do you know someone who did?
- 9 Great Themes for a First Birthday Party - March 28, 2017
- 10 Fun Holidays to Celebrate with Kids - March 27, 2017
- Gentle C-Sections: The New Trend in Childbirth - March 24, 2017
- What All Moms Need - March 16, 2017
- Great Irish Names for Your Baby - March 15, 2017
- When Is Your Son Too Old to Use the Women’s Restroom? - March 1, 2017
- 10 Tips for Great First Birthday Party Photos - February 28, 2017
- A Kids Indoor Pool Party, Really? - February 22, 2017
- Surprising Foods to Avoid During Pregnancy - February 15, 2017
- Fun Ways to Feed Your Baby Solid Foods - February 13, 2017