The Top Baby Names of 2016
Parents have a big decision on their hands when it comes to naming their newborn. Moms and dads can choose from a family moniker, a name with a particular meaning or even one of the more popular baby names of that particular year.
The most popular names have changed within the past year. Bennett, Aiden and Sage took the top spots in 2015 for boys. The trendiest names have remained close to the same for girls from 2015 to 2016, although Abigail dropped from No. 3 to No. 7.
Looking for a trendy name for your newborn son? Noah, Liam, Mason, Michael and Elijah are the top five most popular names for boys in 2016, according to Mom365. The mix of Hebrew, German and French monikers gives mom and dads many options. Parents can’t go wrong with any of these choices.
The top names for newborn girls are also wonderful selections. Latin names such as Olivia and Emma are No. 1 and No. 2, respectively, for 2016. Ava, Sophia and Isabella round out the list of the five most trendy monikers for daughters.
Other names that are popular for 2016 include Mia, Jackson, Aiden, Riley, Lucas and Ethan. It can be difficult for parents to choose a name, but moms and dads can’t go wrong with all these options!
- Essential Tips for Reading to Your Baby or Toddler - February 23, 2017
- Your Top Breastfeeding Questions Answered - February 22, 2017
- The Building Blocks of a Great Baby Registry [Infographic] - February 16, 2017
- 10 Things to Do Before Going into Labor - February 9, 2017
- Should I Home School? - February 4, 2017
- Little Kid and Big Kid Playdate Tips - February 2, 2017
- The Benefits of a Hiring a Nanny - February 2, 2017
- Top 10 Traditional USA Girl Names - February 1, 2017
- Top 10 Traditional USA Boy Names - January 31, 2017
- The Newborn Baby Skincare Guide - January 30, 2017