7 Ways to Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions
Traditional Medicinal is a paid advertiser of Mom365 but the ideas expressed are my own.
Resolutions: they’re easy to make, hard to keep. Especially for busy, exhausted moms, who often put caring for themselves on the bottom of their “to do” lists. There’s either no time, or they’re too tired, or both. Can you relate? We thought so.
But this year, you’re going to keep your resolutions, because there’s a secret weapon that can help: herbal tea. Like a superhero you can stash in your cupboard, desk, or diaper bag, herbal teas are packed with tools to help you keep your resolutions, and all you have to do is boil some water. Here’s how herbal tea can help you achieve seven of the most commonly made resolutions.
- Eat Better and/or Lose Weight: So many of us make this resolution, yet by the end of January we’re back on the salty, sugary snacks. Enter herbal tea, which can support a healthier diet in several ways. It can help you to feel full when you’re trying to eat less, and the wide variety of tasty flavors can take on any craving. For example, instead of sneaking cookies, reach for a cup of no-calorie herbal tea in a sweet flavor like Spearmint. If chips are beckoning, brew up a cup of spicy Ginger or Roasted Dandelion Root. Swap a few cups of tea for the unhealthy foods in your diet and you’ll be well on your way to your goals. Take that, junk food!
- Breastfeed Longer: You’ve set a goal to nurse your baby until a certain date, and Traditional Medicinals Mother’s Milk® breastfeeding support tea can help you get there. It contains organic fennel, anise, coriander, fenugreek, and blessed thistle, which have been known for centuries to be galactagogues—that is, foods that support healthy lactation*. Enjoy its sweet licorice taste while knowing you’re doing something great for both you and your baby.
- Exercise More: Studies have shown that caffeine can help people work out longer and harder. A cup or two of green tea, which contains about 20 milligrams of the stimulant per serving, can help you kick-start your motivation and your workout. Drink some before you hit the gym (or to get you thinking about hitting the gym!). OK, you’re right: Green tea is not an herbal tea. But it’s still incredibly good for you (and not just as an exercise buddy).
- Sleep Better: You know a rested mama is a happier, healthier mama, but you struggle to power down at night or to “sleep when the baby sleeps” (yeah right, you think!). Commit to sipping organic Chamomile with Lavender before bed or naptime to help you keep your resolution to sleep better. This high-quality tea will soothe your nervous and digestive systems with chamomile and lavender*. You can relax and decompress on your way to Sleepytown.
- Take Care of Your Health: From digestion to immune system support, and stress relief, herbs offer a huge array of natural healing properties. This winter, when you feel a minor throat irritation, drink a cup of silky Throat Coat®, a best-selling tea that features the comforting, soothing slippery elm herb and is flavored with licorice and marshmallow root. Drinking high-quality herbal teas like those from Traditional Medicinals is an easy way to reap the healing benefits of herbs (and help you keep your resolution!).
- Stress Less: This resolution is such a tough one because so often it’s external forces that are causing the problem, right? You might not be able to control everything life throws at you, mamas, but you can control your reaction to it. And when the going gets rough, take a break for a relaxing, stress-easing cup of Chamomile tea. Breathe, take a moment, and calm yourself. You’ll feel better and yes, be less stressed.
- Drink More Water: The benefits of drinking more water are well known: better skin, improved circulation, fewer headaches, to name just a few. Honestly, we’d all do well to guzzle more glasses, especially if you regularly consume dehydrating drinks like coffee and soda and find the taste of plain water “boring.” Here again herbal tea can help you keep this resolution. A mug of caffeine-free herbal tea is a delicious way to swallow eight or more ounces of the all-important H20.
And there you have it: herbal (and green) teas for the resolution win! Try them for yourself this year. Traditional Medicinals Wellness Teas are a delicious, easy, and affordable way to help you keep your resolutions. Traditional Medicinals Wellness Teas are conveniently available at Target.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
- 10 Sweet Things to Treasure About the Baby Stage - October 5, 2017
- 8 Fun and Unique Gender Reveal Ideas - September 28, 2017
- How to Find Moms for Your Childcare Swaps - September 26, 2017
- Would You, Could You, In a Lactation Pod? - August 4, 2017
- Should You Take Your Baby to a Chiropractor for Colic? - July 26, 2017
- Taking Your Baby to the Chiropractor for Colic: What to Expect - July 26, 2017
- Tips for Giving Your Breastfed Baby a Bottle - July 11, 2017
- Is It Safe to Eat Your Placenta? Maybe Not. - July 11, 2017
- 10 Fantastic Outdoor Toys for Toddlers - July 6, 2017
- Tips for Breastfeeding with Implants or Piercings - July 3, 2017