8 Fun and Unique Gender Reveal Ideas
Gender reveal ideas have come a long way since colored cakes and pinatas packed with pink or periwinkle paper. We surveyed Instagram and Pinterest to find these eight different ways to share the sex of your baby.
1. Stage a Magic Trick
A perfect way to include siblings (especially the ones who like to be the center of attention), this pull-the-gender-from-the-hat idea was posted on Instagram by canela717. It works for both live reveal and as a photo story on Instagram or Facebook.
2. Pop! Goes the..
This one, seen on DoubletheBatch.com, couldn’t be easier to prep and is a great way to involve your partner. Simply pick up two packs of gum, one pink and one blue. Blow simultaneous bubbles, one of each color, then pop the one that doesn’t represent your baby’s gender. It’s sweet, it’s simple, and it makes a great photograph!
3. Splatter It To Show It
Here’s a fun way to share your baby’s gender (and prepare for the messiness of parenthood!). All you need is some non-toxic pink or blue paint, a couple of white T-shirts, and a nice day. Then let the paint fight begin!
4. Invite The Tech
For the truly dramatic, inviting an ultrasound tech to your gender reveal party might be the ultimate showstopper. According to coolmompicks.com, you can hire a tech to come with their equipment for about $500. Want to make it truly memorable? Wait until the party to find out the gender for yourselves!
5. Gift The Gender
For mamas sharing their exciting news around the holidays, the gift of your baby’s gender might be the best present you’ve ever given. Simply pick up some clear ornament bulbs and fill them with pink or blue glitter (like the one pictured from lifeasmama.com). Wrap them up and send them out to be opened on Christmas morning!
6. Be Scientific
If it’s a truly unique and
7. The Hands Of It
This one works well both live and as photos to post on social media. Let your little one of partner spill the news by making handprints on your belly. The paint color choice says it all of course!
8. Reinforce Gender Stereotypes
Hey, why not when it’s just about all you have to work with! Throw a “‘Staches or Lashes,” “Guns or Glitter,” or “Ties and Tutus” party. Have every guest predict whether you’re having a boy or a girl by selecting the appropriate accessory, and tally the votes. Then let the cat out of the bag!
- 10 Sweet Things to Treasure About the Baby Stage - October 5, 2017
- 8 Fun and Unique Gender Reveal Ideas - September 28, 2017
- How to Find Moms for Your Childcare Swaps - September 26, 2017
- Would You, Could You, In a Lactation Pod? - August 4, 2017
- Should You Take Your Baby to a Chiropractor for Colic? - July 26, 2017
- Taking Your Baby to the Chiropractor for Colic: What to Expect - July 26, 2017
- Tips for Giving Your Breastfed Baby a Bottle - July 11, 2017
- Is It Safe to Eat Your Placenta? Maybe Not. - July 11, 2017
- 10 Fantastic Outdoor Toys for Toddlers - July 6, 2017
- Tips for Breastfeeding with Implants or Piercings - July 3, 2017