Angelina Jolie Wins Another Oscar
Just for being her saintly self!
You have to hand it to Angelina Jolie, she’s pretty much superwoman. Besides being an award-winning actress with model good looks and a gorgeous boyfriend with whom she’s raising their six — six! — children, she also somehow finds time to do a whole lot of good in the world.
If you haven’t heard, Angelina has been chosen to receive the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award for her volunteer work. Jolie’s work includes risking her life to bring much-needed attention to refugees of war-torn countries like Afghanistan and Sierra Leone. She also, along with her family, created the Madox Jolie Pitt Foundation, which is “dedicated to eradicating extreme rural poverty, protecting natural resources and conserving wildlife.”
Talk about an overachiever! But seriously, she really deserves this award, and I hope there is a lot of hoopla around this news because even with the bright light of Angelina’s star, not nearly enough attention is paid to the suffering of innocent people in this world. It’s fun to read and write about what celebrities are wearing and who they’re dating, but at the end of the day, none of that frivolity matters. But when a celebrity goes out of their way to help others, they deserve to be recognized and honored.
- Is My Baby on Track To Talk? - February 15, 2017
- Getting Your Baby To Talk with Games - February 1, 2017
- Got Vegan Breast Milk? - July 9, 2016
- Celine Dion is Not A Cool Mom - September 21, 2013
- Angelina Jolie Wins Another Oscar - September 13, 2013
- A Blunt-Krasinski Baby is On The Way! - September 11, 2013
- Gwen Stefani Expecting Third Child at 43! - September 4, 2013
- Sandra Bullock’s Son Has a Heckuva Role Model - September 3, 2013
- Busy Philipps Says Second Baby is a Breeze! - August 30, 2013
- The Duchess: She’s Just Like Us… - August 27, 2013