Celebrity Moms Reveal Their Mother’s Day Plans
So you may have heard about a little thing called Mother’s Day happening this weekend, and you know what that means! Time to stalk some celebrity moms and see what they’re doing for the holiday. Maybe those of us who don’t have our own plans set yet will get some ideas. And, come on. What better Mother’s Day gift to yourself than a little juicy gossip about your favorite stars? You can thank us later.
We’ve rounded up some favorite celeb moms’ Mother’s Day plans. Others have yet to spill the beans, but we’re keeping an eye out — you know who you are, secretive star moms!
1. Eva Mendes. It might be her first one, but Eva Mendes has no Mother’s Day plans at all. “There is no plan,” the 41-year-old actress told Access Hollywood Live. “I kind of feel like I haven’t quite earned my stripes yet in a way.” Her daughter with actor Ryan Gosling, Esmeralda, turns 8 months old this month. Instead, she wants to focus on her own mom “who’s had a really hard year” because of Mendes’ brother’s battle with cancer. So the star will spend the holiday with her extended family. “This Mother’s Day is definitely all about my mom. We’re all going to go over to her house and bombard her with love,” she said.
2. Melissa Joan Hart. The 39-year-old actress–mom to three boys, Mason, 9, Brady, 7, and Tucker, 2 –plans to have a stress-free holiday this weekend. “We will stay home as a family with our neighbors–the husbands will BBQ while the kids run around and play,” the Sabrina the Teenage Witch and Melissa & Joey star told Celebrity Baby Scoop. “It’s the perfect hassle-free, fun family day.”
3. Beverley Mitchell. The 7th Heaven star, mom to a 2-year-old girl Kenzie and a 3-month-old boy Hutton, is spending Sunday with her own mother, her two kids and her husband Michael Cameron. “I will be spending Mother’s day with my beautiful family and my mom,” Mitchell, 34, told Celebrity Baby Scoop. “It will be a wonderful mellow day just spending time with the ones I love. Nothing crazy, it is just about getting time with the people who matter most.”
4. DeAnna Pappas Stagliano. The former star of The Bachelorette revealed she’s going to have a low-key Mother’s Day to “celebrate the love” she has for 1-year-old daughter Addison. “We plan to celebrate Mother’s Day as a family,” the 33-year-old new mom said. “We will spend it with my mother-in-law as well. She loves a day where she doesn’t have to do anything.”
5. Courtney Lopez. The wife of Extra host and former Saved by the Bell actor Mario Lopez said she, too, will hang out with her MIL on Mother’s Day. “My amazing husband plans it and we celebrate with our kids, my mom and my mother-in-law,” said the 32-year-old mom of Gia, 4, and Nico, 1. “I would never spend Mother’s Day without my kids.”
6. Ashton Kutcher. Aha! Got your attention there, didn’t we? Yes, we know he’s a new celeb dad, not a mom. And it’s not his plans with fiancee Mila Kunis for her first Mother’s Day since having their baby girl Wyatt that we’ve dug up. It’s 37-year-old Kutcher’s Mother’s Day gift for his own mom we’re so enthralled with: remodel her house in secret with the help of home design site Houzz, which the Two and a Half Men star is an investor in. “It’s my way of saying thank you to my mom,” the star said. “My mom has been the greatest influence in my life. My parents gave me everything.”
Hear any other gossip about what celeb moms are doing for Mother’s Day? Do tell!