Cool Pregnancy Tip: Skip the Maternity Pants
The Elastic Trick
What you’ll need:
- ponytail holder or a plain old rubber band
- pants or a skirt with a top button
What to do:
- Thread the elastic through the top buttonhole of your pants or skirt.
- Bring the back loop of the elastic (the one closest to your belly) up through the center of the front loop and then pull it until the front loop cinches tight against the edge of the pants/skirt fly.
- Put the remaining loop around the button, pull your shirt down, and you’re done!
Here’s a photo tutorial showing all the steps. (I used a bright colored elastic so you’d be able to see it better, but when I do this for real, I pick a color closer to the pants I’m wearing.)
I happen to love the ease of maternity pants (easy on, easy off for all those trips to the bathroom), but if you don’t, or if you’d rather spend your money on clothes for the baby instead of clothes for yourself, this is a great option for expanding your wardrobe for your expanding body. If you’re carrying your baby high in your belly, you might even be able to use this trick throughout your pregnancy!
- How to Raise a Foodie - October 4, 2013
- Odds Improve for Infertile Couples Hoping to Conceive - August 2, 2012
- Should Your Baby’s Visitors Get Vaccinated? - July 18, 2012
- Office Ergonomics for Pregnant Ladies - July 5, 2012
- When Will You Go on Maternity Leave? - June 26, 2012
- Would You Hire a Birth Photographer? - June 22, 2012
- Pregnancy Tests: Keep or Toss? - June 20, 2012
- Is Pregnancy a Disability? - June 19, 2012
- Funny Pregnancy Q&A - June 18, 2012
- The Best Gifts for a Dad-To-Be - June 15, 2012