How to Host a Supreme Baby Shower [Infographic]
When your friend or loved one is expecting a child, planning a baby shower is a fun way to share in the anticipation and excitement. It’s an opportunity to exchange parenting advice, enjoy a meal, play games and gather some of the essential items a new mom will need to care for a newborn. With some careful planning, you can ensure the party is a great time for the expectant mother and all the guests alike.
Give some consideration to choosing the ideal time and place for the celebration, making sure your plans are convenient for the guest of honor. Renting out a banquet hall or reserving space at a restaurant can set a festive atmosphere and save you some clean-up tasks. On the other hand, holding the shower in a home can make everyone feel more comfortable and encourage more interaction.
The location will influence the activities you plan and also the guest list. Keep in mind that there’s no need to limit the attendees to women. Feel free to invite anyone the mother-to-be would appreciate sharing the day with.
If everyone’s contributing a dish, keep track of who’s bringing what to ensure a nice variety. After all, you only need so many casseroles at the party. Provide gift registry information as well so the expectant mom will receive the bottles, diapers, toys and other essentials she’s had her eye on.
Finally, leave the future mother with a thoughtful way to remember this joyous occasion. Have all the guests sign their name and leave well wishes on a single piece of paper, which you can then pair with a group photo or personal note. That way, the special guest will have a memento she can look back at well after the birth and recall the time she spent with family and friends.
- How to Survive Winter While Pregnant - October 18, 2017
- When Should Babies Outgrow Thumb Sucking? - October 16, 2017
- 7 Pregnancy Diet Myths: What’s Actually OK to Eat and What to Avoid - October 4, 2017
- What To Consider When Throwing Baby’s First Birthday Party - October 3, 2017
- How To Exercise When You’re Expecting - September 12, 2017
- Does Baby Talk Help or Hinder Your Baby? - August 24, 2017
- How to Help Your Overweight Preschooler - June 13, 2017
- 4 No-Fuss Tips for Hiding Vegetables - June 13, 2017
- 4 Bits of Advice for Picky Eaters - June 8, 2017
- Top 10 Toddler and Baby Mealtime Tips - June 6, 2017