How to Wean Your Baby Off the Breast
Breastfeeding is a wonderful gift to your baby, but eventually it will be time to wean. (Mom365 recommends exclusive breastfeeding for at least six months.) Weaning is one of the most frequently-discussed topics in the Mom365 Community, where many moms turn for weaning tips and advice.
We combed the Community and found these ten great suggestions from members who successfully weaned their babies off the breast around 1 year of age. Check them out now to find a weaning strategy that works for you.
Take It Slowly
“When I weaned my 10-month-old, I started by taking away one nursing session at a time. I refused to offer anything else besides the bottle. It took a lot of patience, but eventually he did begin to take the formula. He was completely weaned in about a month’s time.” –Dawn R
- Would You, Could You, In a Lactation Pod? - August 4, 2017
- Should You Take Your Baby to a Chiropractor for Colic? - July 26, 2017
- Taking Your Baby to the Chiropractor for Colic: What to Expect - July 26, 2017
- Tips for Giving Your Breastfed Baby a Bottle - July 11, 2017
- Is It Safe to Eat Your Placenta? Maybe Not. - July 11, 2017
- 10 Fantastic Outdoor Toys for Toddlers - July 6, 2017
- Tips for Breastfeeding with Implants or Piercings - July 3, 2017
- 10 Fun Outdoor Toys for Babies - June 29, 2017
- 10 Super Cool Outdoor Toys for Preschoolers - June 27, 2017
- How To Get a Breast Pump through Your Health Insurance - June 15, 2017