How to Wean Your Baby Off the Breast
Breastfeeding is a wonderful gift to your baby, but eventually it will be time to wean. (Mom365 recommends exclusive breastfeeding for at least six months.) Weaning is one of the most frequently-discussed topics in the Mom365 Community, where many moms turn for weaning tips and advice.
We combed the Community and found these ten great suggestions from members who successfully weaned their babies off the breast around 1 year of age. Check them out now to find a weaning strategy that works for you.
Take It Slowly
“When I weaned my 10-month-old, I started by taking away one nursing session at a time. I refused to offer anything else besides the bottle. It took a lot of patience, but eventually he did begin to take the formula. He was completely weaned in about a month’s time.” –Dawn R
- How To Prevent Head Lice: Top Products to Help - May 24, 2017
- The Pregnancy Pause - May 22, 2017
- How Much Sleep Does My Child Need? - May 11, 2017
- Who Doesn’t Want Raising Kids to be Peaceful? - May 11, 2017
- Kid Won’t Poop on the Potty? Don’t Be So Surprised! - May 3, 2017
- Is Your Baby Gate Secure? - April 20, 2017
- How Common is a Unplanned Pregnancy in Your 40s - April 18, 2017
- Top 10 Girls Names of 2017 (So Far) - April 11, 2017
- Top 10 Boys Names for 2017 (So Far) - April 11, 2017
- 9 Great Themes for a First Birthday Party - March 28, 2017