Janet Jackson’s First Pregnancy–She’s 49!
Janet Jackson is believed to be expecting at age 49, as reported by US Weekly. With her birthday just a week away on May 14, she’ll be 50 when she delivers.
Eddie Murphy is another star who is welcoming a child after the mid-century mark: his 36-year-old girlfriend just had a baby girl, which is the 55-year-old actor’s ninth child (his oldest is 26).
Leave it to celebrities to have babies at ages when most regular people wouldn’t dream of it (or want it, if we’re being honest, right?). With 47 being the average age of first-time grandmas in this country, it’s more common that women are volunteering for the occasional babysitting shift for their grandbabies than having one of their own so late in life.
Then again, there’s no denying that American moms are getting older! In just the last 15 years the average age of a first-time mama climbed from 24.9 to 26.3 years old. And more and more women are waiting well beyond their mid-20s before having kids.
The chance of getting pregnant after age 45 using existing eggs is a minuscule 1%. Congrats to her and her husband, Wissam Al Mana!
- Would You, Could You, In a Lactation Pod? - August 4, 2017
- Should You Take Your Baby to a Chiropractor for Colic? - July 26, 2017
- Taking Your Baby to the Chiropractor for Colic: What to Expect - July 26, 2017
- Tips for Giving Your Breastfed Baby a Bottle - July 11, 2017
- Is It Safe to Eat Your Placenta? Maybe Not. - July 11, 2017
- 10 Fantastic Outdoor Toys for Toddlers - July 6, 2017
- Tips for Breastfeeding with Implants or Piercings - July 3, 2017
- 10 Fun Outdoor Toys for Babies - June 29, 2017
- 10 Super Cool Outdoor Toys for Preschoolers - June 27, 2017
- How To Get a Breast Pump through Your Health Insurance - June 15, 2017