Janet Jackson’s First Pregnancy–She’s 49!
Janet Jackson is believed to be expecting at age 49, as reported by US Weekly. With her birthday just a week away on May 14, she’ll be 50 when she delivers.
Eddie Murphy is another star who is welcoming a child after the mid-century mark: his 36-year-old girlfriend just had a baby girl, which is the 55-year-old actor’s ninth child (his oldest is 26).
Leave it to celebrities to have babies at ages when most regular people wouldn’t dream of it (or want it, if we’re being honest, right?). With 47 being the average age of first-time grandmas in this country, it’s more common that women are volunteering for the occasional babysitting shift for their grandbabies than having one of their own so late in life.
Then again, there’s no denying that American moms are getting older! In just the last 15 years the average age of a first-time mama climbed from 24.9 to 26.3 years old. And more and more women are waiting well beyond their mid-20s before having kids.
The chance of getting pregnant after age 45 using existing eggs is a minuscule 1%. Congrats to her and her husband, Wissam Al Mana!
- How To Prevent Head Lice: Top Products to Help - May 24, 2017
- The Pregnancy Pause - May 22, 2017
- How Much Sleep Does My Child Need? - May 11, 2017
- Who Doesn’t Want Raising Kids to be Peaceful? - May 11, 2017
- Kid Won’t Poop on the Potty? Don’t Be So Surprised! - May 3, 2017
- Is Your Baby Gate Secure? - April 20, 2017
- How Common is a Unplanned Pregnancy in Your 40s - April 18, 2017
- Top 10 Girls Names of 2017 (So Far) - April 11, 2017
- Top 10 Boys Names for 2017 (So Far) - April 11, 2017
- 9 Great Themes for a First Birthday Party - March 28, 2017