A Photo Lesson from Kate Middleton
Last week, the first official portraits of Princess Charlotte were released and while I don’t usually report on celebrity news, I have to make an exception here because I was so excited to find out that these photos of Princess Charlotte with her older brother Prince George were taken by none other than Princess Charlotte’s mother, the Duchess of Cambridge herself!
The reason Kate Middleton’s baby photos are exciting to me is because, as much as I believe in professional family photography (not to mention being a professional family photographer myself!) my first passion is encouraging and empowering parents to take their own photos of their kids. I love that the Duchess chose to share personal shots that she took herself when we all know she could have had her pick from the world’s best photographers.
Check out my top 5 tips for taking better photos that you can apply right away without a lot of expensive gear or hours of learning.
- 10 Ideas for Photographing Your 6-12 Month Old - June 14, 2016
- 10 Tips for Taking Phone Photos of Your Baby - June 8, 2016
- Camera Gifts for the Whole Family - October 12, 2015
- A Photo Lesson from Kate Middleton - June 18, 2015
- How to Capture Natural Smiles for the Camera - June 11, 2015
- Photo Gifts for Teachers and Sitters - June 2, 2015
- Top 10 Reasons I Love Photographing My Kids - May 20, 2015
- Celebrate Mother’s Day with Photos - May 8, 2015
- A Photographer, Her Camera and Her Kids - May 7, 2015
- DSLR vs. iPhone: When to Use a DSLR Camera - April 28, 2015