10 Worst Places for Toddlers to Throw a Tantrum
Let’s face it, it’s never really a good time for your toddler to throw a tantrum, but some places are just downright embarrassing (and some times are really poor timing) – especially if you’ve brought the kid there to have fun. Even more so if you’ve just been talking about how good your toddler is.
Here’s are the top 10 places most moms I know would rather not deal with a raging toddler tantrum.
- At their own birthday party.
- At Gymboree, where literally nothing is off limits and every single surface is climbable.
- At the interview for that fancy private preschool you’re hoping will give you a scholarship.
- As you’re walking through the gates at Disneyland.
- During family night at your new parent education class, where you’ve spent 6 weeks learning a bunch of new tantrum-diffusing techniques (and none of them are working).
- At your first outing with the new moms’ club after you just spent 15 minutes telling everyone how effective your 6-week parenting class was.
- When you’re meeting the new sitter for the first time and you’ve already assured her that your child rarely throws tantrums. (Why do we always set ourselves up like that?)
- Standing in line to board a 6-hour flight and your toddler has already taken their one nap in the car on the way to the airport.
- While you’re on your way to the hospital – in labor.
- After you’ve driven 2 hours to go to the zoo because all your kid has talked about is wanting to feed the giraffes, which they heard about from the neighbor kid. You’ve spent about $100 for parking and tickets. You’ve just realized that you left the lunch you packed in the refrigerator and know you’ll be dropping another $30 on stale chicken strips and old french fries. You’ve waited forever in line to get the food to feed the giraffe (another 5 bucks), then in another line to actually feed them, and when it’s finally your turn, your child is having a five-alarm meltdown because his sister got to turn the dial on the food dispenser and he didn’t, and now he doesn’t even want to see the giraffe’s anymore, let alone feed them.
Has your sweet little angle ever thrown a tantrum so embarrassing that you just wanted to walk in the other direction, looking around the store asking, â€śwho does this child belong to?â€ťÂ Fess up!
All day long my kids do crazy things that make me laugh, cry, roll my eyes, clench my teeth, chuckle, scream or just shake my head and walk out of the room. When I can convince them that I have to go to the bathroom alone, I jot down their antics and turn them into top 10 lists so I can make other moms who are living the same crazy life laugh. I have a preschool daughter, a toddler son and a wonderful husband who will change diapers (the poopy ones too!) and even load the dishwasher (correctly!). My other passions in life include writing, cooking, photography, lounging on a tropical beach and hanging out with Clooney at his villa on Lake Como. Thanks for stopping by! For more funny follow me on twitter or check out my page on facebook if you “like!”